Looking for some healthy snack ideas? Here are a couple of recipes I make that are Gluten Free and Sugar Free:
- coconut oil
- Mixed nuts of your choice - I use walnuts and almonds - chop in food processor
- shredded coconut
- raw cacoa or cocoa
- extra things you may like to add: dried cranberries, chia seeds, LSA
- Vanilla protien powder (any of your choice - I would chose a whey protien if you don't need them to be Gluten Free)
Basically combine all ingrediants together - use your own judgement as to measurements (depends how many balls you want to make) simple continue to add ingredients until you have a smooth consistancy that can be rolled into balls - roll in coconut if desired and refrigerate for 1 hour - these will then last for a couple of weeks in a airtight container.
If you don't require this to be Gluten Free, you could used organic, wholemeal rolled oats in place of Gluten Free Cereal
- 2 cups Gluten free - Fructose friendly cereal
- 1 cup nuts - walnuts/almonds (or any nut of your choice) roughly chopped
- Dried Fruit or choice (optional) - I use a few dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Rice malt Syrup
- 2 tbs Organic salted butter or nuttelex
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Combine dried ingredients in bowl, heat butter and Rice malt syrup until butter melted and bubbly, add to dry mixutre, press into a lined tray and bake 180 for approx 15 minutes or until golden on top, let cool, slice and enjoy!! You could also add protien powder to this recipe, and increase the amount of Rice malt syprup to ensure there is enough moisture to combine together.